TerraFlash™ ORTHOPHOTO PROCESSING
TerraFlash: The first large scale fully automatic georeferencing system; generate seamless GeoTIFF and Google Earth™ datasets from any aerial imagery
Post processing of aerial sensor data is traditionally laborious and fraught with black magic. Urban Robotics TerraFlash™ allows customers to send their sensor data to Urban Robotics for rapid post-processing, and then view results over a secure internet connection. For instance,
companies specializing in digital aerial imaging acquisition can overnight a copy of their data and view seamless orthorectified maps in Google Earth™ the next day.
Service vs. System
TerraFlash™ processing modules can be purchased both as a service, where Urban Robotics provides all processing, maintenance, and data
hosting, or as a product, where a complete system is purchase for onsite processing. Choosing the right option requires tradeoff evaluations in configurability, turnaround time, and cost. For a TerraFlash™ system, it is typically packaged with a WulfPack™ Computer Cluster,
resulting in a powerful and field-proven system capable of advanced near-real-time image processing.
TerraFlash Algorithm Modules
- Automated Image Optimization
- Automated Georeferencing
- Automated Orthorectification
- Automated Seamless Mosaicing and Blending (including FLIR mosaics)
- Automated Seamless Map Exports to Google Earth™, NASA WorldWind, and other GIS applications
- Automated 3D Terrain Extraction, 3D Modeling
- Automated Multi-Frame Sampling and Image Enhancement
- Automated Change Detection
- Automated Target Tracking and Moving Target Indicators (MTI)
- Automated Video Deinterlacing and Mosaicing
- Near Real Time Map projection in Google Earth, including over air-to-ground links
- Advanced Exploitation Algorithms
TerraFlash Algorithm Design Attributes
- Universal: TerraFlash™ algorithms are designed to be sensor agnostic. Potential sensors include PeARL™, EO-RGB, EO-NearIR, Satellite, SAR, and FLIR imagery.
- Proven: TerraFlash modules are built upon many years of algorithmic development for demanding use by the U.S. Military. Today, it is actively deployed across the globe and used 24/7 in military operations.
- Data Intensive: Proprietary technology is built into TerraFlash modules for handling massive amounts of data. Algorithms have been tailored to provide mostly linear increases in processing time in ratio to increases in data. A high-end TerraFlash™ system can handle tens of thousands of 21
MegaPixel images with a quick turnaround. For insight on the scale, the image of an extended mission would cover one face of thePentagon when printed at full photographic quality.
- Scalable: Algorithms have been designed to be easily scalable across multiple computers, allowing a faster product turnaround time with additional processors in the TerraFlash™ cluster.
- Automated: Fully automatic with minimal operator intervention. No “fiddling” or manual correction required.
- Optimized: TerraFlash™ algorithms have been heavily optimized to Intel Architecture.
Secure Data Hosting
To aid in rapid delivery of processed data, Urban Robotics also provides secured Data Hosting over the internet, allowing customers to present
Google Earth™ maps of collected imagery to their own respective customers the day after data acquisition.